Friday 4 Oct 2019
City Council Hall, Plac Wszystkich Świętych 3
Session I: Innovation in Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis. 8.00 – 10.00
Alternatives to knee arthroplasty - joint preservations procedures
- Biological reconstruction in the knee
- PRP and Stem Cell Therapy for the early stage knee osteoarthritis
- Bone marrow lesions: Conservative and surgical treatment
- Early stage OA - is there still a place for arthroscopy?
- New perspectives - nose to knee
- Osteotomies around the knee - HTO and DFO
- Osteotomy vs UKA
Session II: Innovation in Partial Knee Arthroplasty 10.30 – 12.30
Alternatives to total knee replacement.
- Small implants - Arthrosurface
- What's new - trends in UKA
- What factors show the most significant impact on outcome after UKA?
- UKA and ACL reconstruction
- Lateral UKA
- How much activity can we expect after UKA?
- Patello-femoral arthroplasty
- Assessment of failed UKA
- Revision UKA
Session III: Innovations In Primary TKA 13.30 - 15.30
- Knee osteoarthritis phenotypes
- What's new - trends in TKA. How to improve outcomes?
- What factors show the most significant impact on outcome after TKA?
- How much activity can we expect after TKA?
- Wich alignment is the best: Mechanical versus Kinematic
- Innovations in patient specific surgery: navigation, PSI, robotics
- Bone cuts and rotational position. Soft tissue balancing and patellar tracking
- Difficult knee (post-traumatic osteoarthritis, stiff knee)
- Severely deformed knees. Soft tissue balancing in varus and valgus deformity
- Blood management, pain control and rehabilitation
Opening Ceremony 19.00
Collegium Maius Jagiellonian University Jagiellońska 15
Saturday 5 October 2019
Session IV: Complications 08.30 – 10.30
- Failure analysis. Why do TKAs fail?
- Infection prevention and diagnosis
- Allergy to metal, is it true? Facts and myths
- Management of early wound healing complications
- Debridement and polyethylene liner exchange in infected TKA
- Single-stage vs two-stage revision
- Periprosthetic fractures
- Pain after TKA
SessionV: Revision TKA 11.00 – 13.00
- Planning, approach, implant removal and implant selection
- Oncology implants in primary and revision TKA
- Dealing with bone defects. Bone grafting
- New materials and technique in TKA revision. Metaphyseal solutions
- Implant fixation. Cemented vs cement-less
- Level of constraint and the extensor mechanism
- Knee balancing and joint line in revision surgery